Certified CSF Practitioner Course (92017) (ARCHIVE)
The Certified CSF Practitioner Course includes in-depth instruction on risk management practices and how to implement the CSF and utilize the methodology to perform assessments and validate compliance. The curriculum is supported by case studies, hands-on learning and real-world application of the knowledge learned.
The course consists of three components which will be completed in the order listed below. Please note that onsite HITRUST Academy training login credentials cannot be provided unless the eLearning component has been completed.
- Component #1 - eLearning (online pre-work): Practical Applications for Health Information Protection. This component consists of five online modules which take approximately 6 - 8 hours to complete. Participants are given access to this material approximately 30 days before the class start date.
- Component #2 - Classroom training: This component is held in an onsite classroom setting in Frisco, Texas. To properly access and utilize the course materials and tools used in this course, you must bring a laptop with you to class. The laptop must be equipped with IE, Chrome, or Firefox, and Adobe Reader.
- Component #3 - Certification Exam: The exam will be available on the final day of the onsite class only if components #1 and #2 are completed.
- Overview of the healthcare industry, including key players and how they interconnect
- Analysis and discussion of trends in the industry relating to privacy and security (e.g., challenges and constraints, top concerns and initiatives)
- Overview of the regulatory landscape that affects healthcare organization (e.g., compliance agencies, standards, regulations)
- Review of market dynamics and the challenges facing healthcare
- Introduction to HITRUST and the CSF
- Discussion of risk management and its relation to the CSF
- Review of the CSF Assurance Program
- Thorough review of the structure of the CSF, including the control objectives, multiple levels of implementation requirements, risk factors and authoritative sources cross referenced
- Detailed explanation of MyCSF, including a review of each component and case studies with hands-on use of each component
- Overview of the CSF Assurance Programs as a means of managing and communicating security internally and with third parties (e.g., business associates, customers, vendors)
- Introduction to the tools and methodology for utilizing the CSF
- Discussion of best practices for adoption and performing an assessment
- Explanation of the differences between CSF Validated and CSF Certified and the value to an organization
- A review of the requirements for CSF certification
Students must bring a laptop with them to class. To properly access and utilize the course materials and tools used in the course, laptops must be equipped with IE, Chrome, or Firefox, and Adobe Reader.
The course is required for individuals working as part of a HITRUST CSF Assessor organization who wish to provide HITRUST and CSF-related services.
Attendees must complete the Practical Applications for Health Information Protection (eLearning online component) prior to attending the onsite classroom training component.
Attendees must pass the Practitioner Exam delivered on the final day of the course to become a Certified CSF Practitioner (CCSFP).
Continuing Professional Education Credit
Participants who complete the Certified CSF Practitioner Course are eligible for 24 hours to be applied toward continuing professional education (CPE) credit. A certificate of completion will be available through the learning management system for those who complete the course.
The cost for the Certified CSF Practitioner Course is $3,000. The Practitioner Exam is included in the course price (Practitioner Exam retake fee is $500).
Payment and Change Policies
Detailed information regarding payment, cancellations, refunds, transfers, and substitutions is available here.
Travel and Classroom Logistics Information
Travel information and additional classroom logistics information is available here.
For more information on HITRUST training courses, please email email@example.com or call 469.269.1110.
SESSION TIMES ARE LISTED BY THE LOCAL TIME ZONE YOU SELECTED ON YOUR USER PROFILE. HOWEVER, PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL CLASSES START IN CENTRAL TIME ZONE AT THE CLASS LOCATION.